DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

Please help. This is interfering in my life. Ive got to

Hi. Please help. This is interfering in my life. Ive got to the stage that I don't want to go anywhere in case it happens. I get a sensation that usually begins in my lower back and spreads to my arms and legs. Its an itching sensation, along with this I feel nauseous, weak and generally unwell. It lasts for around an hour, sometimes longer sometimes for a shorter time. It then goes away and im ok again. Its horrible and it frightens me, I don't want to go places incase it happens. It really is taking ovet my life. Im 50 years old. Ive had this for quite a few years but its becoming more frequent. Around twice a month thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Have you been seen for this?Any tests that you have had?Do you have any other medical problems?Are you on any medications for anything at the moment?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been seen. First doctor told me it could be referred pain. Another said it could be hormonal. Not on any meds. Only the mini pill. No other medical problems. Although I do suffer from anxiety.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I think that you have not been appropriately investigated for this.I would like that you should have the following tests done to consider and rule out the following possibilities:Vitamin B12 levels. This is the first thing that I would like that you should have done if you have not had this done already. Low levels of vitamin B12 can cause nerve issues and such symptoms like what you are experiencing.Thyroid hormone level. Low level of thyroid hormones can also cause such symptoms and a thyroid function test that checks thyroid hormones is something that I would also do.Multiple sclerosis can rarely cause such symptoms which is ruled out by doing a MRI of your entire spine.Finally, severe anxiety like what you are experiencing does seem a very likely cause in your case.Medications like duloxetine will not only help reduce your anxiety but will also help with your symptoms and is something that I would like that you should be prescribed.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need an exam and testing.This can be many things.Iron deficiency anemia.Thyroid disease.Adrenal diseaseHidden infection.Hidden malignancy.Heavy metal toxicity.Liver or kidney problems.Other problems.See an internal medicine doctor.This is not typical of MS or low B12, although those are easy to check.All B vitamins should be measured, not just 12.Magnesium and vitamin D should be measured.I am a double board certified clinical doctor.'Let me know if you have more questions.Click a positive on this page only, and I can follow with you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I will visit my doctor again with your suggestions.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome anytime, any questions.You can find me, Dr. Thomas, in medical by request, using a long request lock and "for Dr. Thomas only" in the title. This will save time and will give you up to date medical knowledge, which gives you comprehensive and complete, accurate, precise answers, any day of the week.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers. PLEASE: click a positive rating on MY post. That is the only way I am paid other than bonuses. The rating scale you will see at the top of this page.
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience: Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks very much for the accept.If you would like to go into integrative medicine approaches for this, find me by request in the medical category.