Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

Since we've started trying baby my menstrual cycle has

Since we've started trying for a baby my menstrual cycle has become shockingly shorter. I've always had regular periods, 28 days. When last month my period started 2 days earlier than expected I didn't think much of it but this month 17 days have hardly gone and I'm beginning menstruate. Should I be worried?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.There are many causes that lead to this kind of menstrual irregularity.The most common cause is either physical or emotional stress.Other causes that I would like to consider and rule out are thyroid hormone problems (both low functioning and high functioning thyroid can cause this to happen).These are the few causes that I have mentioned.It is usually, however, not something to be concerned about too much but it is something that I would like that you should discuss with your GP.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards