Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am worried about a brown lump on my eyelid I would like

I am worried about a brown lump on my eyelid I would like someone to look at, I have a picture I can upload
Here's the pic
Age 42 not 40
http://imgur.com/a/cjt7s
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Does this cause any symptoms like pain or itching etc?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's mildly sore when the surface rubs off and it bleeds but only to the touch really.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.This is not anything to worry about at all.Seems like a local hair follicle infection and should improve in due course of time i.e. in a few days.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is something which has been there for years as a very dark freckle. Recently it grew in size although only from 1 to 2/3mm. That worried me slightly but at the time I assumed it was a trapped hair or blood blister so when it then started bleeding after I rubbed the surface off while washing my face with a flannel I thought it was a good thing because it would scan over and then go back to normal skin. That hasn't happened, instead it goes back to being a dark patch but it now has a raised centre and regularly bleeds when rubbed during washing that's been the case for a few weeks. It's the growth in size and bleeding which concerns me as well as the fact that although tiny it resembles pictures of melanomas. Give the proximity to the eye if it is potentially cancerous I would rather get it dealt with sooner rather than later. Would be grateful for any further opinion based on these circumstances.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.This does not at all look like cancer.If it has been there for a long period of time and now become slightly tender, it means that there has been a slight infection there which is causing it to do so.It does not look like a melanoma or anything serious.However, to put your mind to ease, I would still recommend that you be seen.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards