Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have extreme itching in the vulva area which is making me

I have extreme itching in the vulva area which is making me feel rather unwell. I have seen a doctor who has given a prescription for oestrogel,2 weeks ago, but this has made no difference to the itching. Is there any safe cream or ointment that I can purchase and use? I am 80.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.I personally think that in addition to the oestrogel cream that was given to you, you should also use an over-the-counter antifungal vaginal cream such as gynodaktarin which is a topical vaginal cream for fungal infections.Fungal infections are very common in ladies of your age group and must be treated with an antifungal.These antifungal creams are available without a prescription.You can ask a pharmacist in your local pharmacy to help you find the one that I have mentioned or if that is not available another brand.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards