Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

UK Concussion related; Is Paramol safe to take

UK Concussion related; Is Paramol safe to take for headaches caused by concussion (got diagnosed with concussion yesterday)It's 500mg Paracetamol and Dihydrocodeine Tartrate 7.46mgI did take Valium once about 7 days ago (I believe you shouldn't take Paramol if on Valium but as that was a while ago, I wanted to double-check.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, paracetamol and Dihydrocodeine Tartrate are safe to take if you have concussion.make sure you drink plenty of fluids and waterif you headaches continue, you need to follow up with your GP doctor and get a CT scan of your brain.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to be 100% sure. The documentation on the Paramol instructions says not to take them if you're on Valium.Is your recommendation of it being safe only because it's been a long period since taking valium and it's not being taken at the same time?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes, 7 days ago is a long timethe valium is out of your system by now.