DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have just had a Inguinal Hernia repair on the 1st February

Hi, I have just had a Inguinal Hernia repair on the 1st February and shortly after I developed a very prickly and tender to touch upper inside to my left thigh, the side I had my Hernia repair. The worrying thing is that my left Testicle is so painfully when I stand up and walking around but ok when I'm sitting or laying down. Is this because of the operation or something else?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need to follow up with the surgeon.This is all probably irritation of specific nerves from the operation.You have to make sure there is no circulation problem, that the testicle does not have a problem, etc.So call the surgeon now. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou Doctor, I have an appointment with my GP but not until Tuesday, think I'll be ok until then. Was just worried that it might be something really serious.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Go to the ER if it gets worse.ThanksGood luck.Please click a positive here.