Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have been experiencing pain in my upper outer thigh while

I have been experiencing pain in my upper outer thigh while abducting my right leg for about 6 months now sometimes I have pain in my hip as well especially while seated , I have had anal insertion with dildo prior to this problem , I am thinking nowadays that it might be a nerve damage as a result of those anal insertions , But I cannot be sure , please will you give me your professional advice , I sometimes take Ibuprofen to ease the pain .
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.The symptoms are likely due to the nerve damage.Lateral cutaneous branch of the femoral nerve is likely damaged.Can be dildo related or from physical activities.Nerve conduction test and MRI scan of the spine should confirm that.Herniated disc at the lower lumbar spine is likely.Physical therapy should be considered.Oral gabapentin may help.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your response , Is a nerve damage like this likey to last this long?( for 6 months ) thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes even longer without proper treatment.First evaluation and that will determine course of treatment.Best wishes