Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I'm 31 years old and never really done

Customer Question

Hello my name is lucy,I'm 31 years old and never really done a breast examination till now!! I went to my doctor on Thursday she said she was not concern about the lump in my left breast the lump is hard but when I press the lump with some force it does hurt please help
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Can you move the lump around?How big is the lump?Please let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cant seem to move it,bigger than a garden pea
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
At your age and considering the size of it, it is VERY UNLIKELY to be anything serious or anything to worry about.The most definitive test to rule out cancer and to know exactly what this is would be a needle biopsy.I would, therefore, recommend that you should have a needle biopsy done to make sure that the unlikely possibility of this being anything serious is definitively ruled out and your mind is put to rest.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr, it only hurts when I press on it like a stabbing pain? I am due on my peroid the start of every month?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Pain is something that goes against cancer.Pain is usually only a feature of very late stage cancer.So pain is something that actually favors a harmless cause.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,maybe the lump has been there for months and I'm at the late stage?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
In that case the lump would have been much larger and the diagnosis would be very obvious.At your age it is RARE to have breast cancer in any case.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr have a good day thank you so much for your kindnessLucy
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome.Please do follow up with me on this.I am here daily.You can request me specifically by starting your question with "FOR DR SH ONLY" and posting your question in the Medical category.Regards