Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

How can I get my alcoholic son to a place of safety in England

How can I get my alcoholic son to a place of safety in England when I live in Scotland. I have phoned nhs 24 who have agreed to ring him but he doesn't always accept he has a problem. He was picked up by police yesterday due to possible suicide threats. He is due to be made homeless again tonight.
Thanks for this questionCan you call an ambulance to come and get him?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not realistically as he doesn't admit he has a problem a lot of the time. I think he needs to have a psyc assessment but it's difficult to get someone to see him.
you can get him admitted if you commit him against his will
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I do that when I'm in Scotland and he's in england
You can call his GP or people that know him
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do his friends have to do.
they have to petition that he gets mental help at A and E
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So do they have to get him to an a and e department first or can they ring the emergency services if he won't co operate
they can ring emergency if he won't
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you I will pass the message on - the difficulty is that he can be deceptively lucid over the phone and he lies very well
you're welcomePlease don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it. :)if you have more questions, just reply