DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am suffering from extreme nauseousness and have green stools.

Customer Question

I am suffering from extreme nauseousness and have green stools. Otherwise quite well. I have been abusing pain killers and am worried about my liver. I suffer from bipolar disorder and have been self medicating with alcohol. I am trying to manage a new job and a bereavement as well as a stroke in a close family member. Where do I turn?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThanks for the question.You see a GPYou get an exam, and all routine labs, this covering renal and liver function.If the GP needs to refer you based on any of this, it would be to a gastroenterologist, and perhaps a psychologist or psychiatrist as well for depression if you have it.Also, for stopping alcohol. And, stopping pain killers. this requires help in most cases. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is my health in any immediate danger and what are the long term consequences of this behaviour? I am too afraid to go to my GP as I also have a professional relationship and my husband comes with me to the doctor and I do not want him to be aware.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes you can be in immediate danger.You need to go to another doctor if that is the problem. OK, so that is an initial answer…. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.