DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have uncontrolled hypertension reaching 253/135 region in

I have uncontrolled hypertension reaching 253/135 region in most readings. I get extremely breath migraine cant breath n sats come in bout 85 and need oxygen thetspy to pull me out of these attacks
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiWhat is your question?This hypertension is not acceptable.You need to be in A&E: 253/135 is the emergency range, essentially.Furosemide can be increased immediately. 10mg is not an effectual dose.It can go up to 40 or even higher, under your doctors guidance.I would suggest you see a nephrologist: they are experts in kidneys but also in fluid balance and uncontrolled hypertension.Don't wait on this, they can even find you one from the ER.You are at high risk right now, stroke and heart attack, renal damage, etc. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am based in Scotland and have been treated in various hospitals but BP still high with really bad cough and breathlessness lraving me unable yo move about. O2 sats dit about 85'90 and wonder if oxygen would help
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Oxygen will help your heart, but must be done under guidance. Too much oxygen will stop your bleeding.I am going to emphasize again that you should be in A&E.Depending on your blood gas measurements, 1 or 2 litres of oxygen continuously will likely help.However, it will not alone bring your BP down enough, hence the medical management I have already suggested. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanks I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.