DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I have had a partial shoulder replacement in 2014 due to a

I have had a partial shoulder replacement in 2014 due to a traumatic road accident and unfortunately I have just been for a routine appointment and been told that I need a total reverse doing as the tendon that was repaired that was holding the prosthesis in place has died. How do I go about being able to have it done at a different specialist outhopeadic hospital, ?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiSimply get a referral from your GP to that specialist.You need the name of the specialist.You can call the hospital and talk to the head of orthopedics and tell them the situation for a match. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have read the credentials for a specialist hospital near me . The surgeon who performed the shoulder. Replacement says it's fairly urgent will this be taken into account or will I simply ask for a ordinary appointment for the new surgeon as this presumably could take a while.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
They will take into account the urgency on the report.Have your GP stay on top of this as well. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.