DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

After a day of A&E, NHS phone calls and finally a GP on call

After a day of A&E, NHS phone calls and finally a GP on call consultation I found out that I am experiencing neuralgia after my circumcision. I have been given codeine to take with the maximum amount of paracetamol and ibuprofen, but it does absolutely nothing to relieve the sharp stabbing pains that have kept me awake for 45 hrs. With all my medical resources used up, is there any way I will get relief from this pain?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HiI am not sure what your question is, but I will take a stab at the answer.Have your doctor give you gabapentin or lyricaThere are other choices as well.Both are non narcotic, and both treat neuralgia pain.should be straightforward and simple. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, thanks but it seems to be okay now, I only get the shooting pain a few times an hour and I'm pretty sure it is just tension being released as the stitches are absorbed. I would love to know your none-drug method but this question was £34 to receive an answer 12hrs and nothing close to 10 mins, so there is no way I'm giving you any more money.