Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have just been told that a man I had unprotected sex with

I have just been told that a man I had unprotected sex with has chlylamidia. I slept with him 6 times and the last time was last weds. If I have a test tomorrow and it is negative and then start the treatment straight away can I assume that I don't have it? I cant believe I have been so incredibly stupid!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,You have to wait for 5 days after exposure to get a test. If it is negative no treatment is required and if positive you need treatment then.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So if i was tested tomorrow and it was negative from the first few times that I slept with him, and I started the antibiotics just in case, would that cover me? I don't think I can wait another few days, I'm so stressed!
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Yes if test is done tomorrow, negative means you do not contracted this bacteria and antibiotics would cover if you did get it from first few times.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, just one more question. Are my chances really high of contracting it? Is there a slim chance that I may have been lucky?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
If he is positive for chlamydia then chances are high. But it is not always that you get it, you can be lucky and no need to worry as it is treatable disease.