Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  Physician with 30 years experience
54412793

I am scared of people judging me. How do I overcome th

Hi, I am scared of people judging me. How do I overcome this?
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified physician. I can help you today. I'm sorry to hear about your fear. Most likely it's a developmental stage, given your age. The best way to overcome this fear is to realize that most people care much more about themselves than about you. Your fear that they are judging you comes from a self-centered viewpoint that somehow you are important enough to them that they spend their time thinking about you and judging you. This is not true. Most people are too busy thinking about themselves and their own concerns. A good book to read that may help you is The Four Agreements by Don Miguel Ruiz. Meanwhile be kind to yourself and continue to develop your self-confidence by reading and being true to yourself. I hope this is helpful and reassuring. Please reply if I can clarify anything or add details.