DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am on omeprazole 40mg per day hiatus hernia. I would

Customer Question

I am on omeprazole 40mg per day for a hiatus hernia. I would like a Homeopathic alternative which would be just as effective.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.The thing with homeopathic remedies is that the effects vary from patient to patient.One medication that is commonly used for hiatal hernia patients that may be equally effective to omeprazole would be pulsatilla at a dose of 30C twice daily.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloI am a double board certified clinical doctor and classical homeopath.You have given NO indication for pulsitilla.To pick a remedy based on no information is not homeopathy, and there is no such thing as a remedy for a specific condition. Remedy choices are based on a total analysis of the totality of the case. You need to find a classical homeopathy to work with in person, hands on, as the exam is part of the prescribing. However, I can tell you the top possible remedies.I need to knowEach symptom, please listWhen each symptom is worseWhat makes each symptom betterWhat makes them worseTell me also your emotional and mental symptoms when you are having pain.Find me, Dr. Thomas, anytime in medical for such questions The problem with just guessing at a remedy is that you leave symptoms in place, and ulcers can bleed. That would be dangerous. You can also select the wrong remedy and aggravate your symptoms. Even the correct remedy can temporarily make symptoms worse. That is why ongoing care is needed. You should also be monitored by your regular doctor.Let me know the answers to my questions and I can give you more information.