Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

My wife is angolan. Her mother says she had the yellow

Hi. My wife is angolan. Her mother says she had the yellow fever vaccine in 2011 but my wife does not remember getting any vaccination. Is it safe for her to receive the vaccination as we have an outbreak of yellow fever in angola and i want to make sure she is safe.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It is most definitely safe to give her another course of the yellow fever vaccine.It will only benefit her.There is no harm whatsoever in repeating the yellow fever vaccine at all.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating.Kindest regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am paid here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating..Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thank you.We will arrange to have the vaccine again. Also she is currently breastfeeding our 5 month old baby. Will she be able to continue doing so after receiving the vaccinatuon.Thank you
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Very rare case reports of encephalitis have been reported in a child being breast-fed after yellow fever vaccine. Breast-feeding women are advised that the benefits of breastfeeding far outweigh alternatives. Vaccination is recommended for her as she is in an endemic area even though she is breast-feeding.Let me know if you have more questions.Rate me when you are done asking.Regards
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Please also read my answer to your final question.Let me know if you have more questions.Regards