Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Me and my 24 year old girlfriend had sex yesterday, nothing

Customer Question

Me and my 24 year old girlfriend had sex yesterday, nothing rough or rigorous and when I pulled out blood came out and an hour after she bled quite a bit and has pain in her left side of her abdomen. Which has persisted for 24 hours, although there is no more blood we have a doctors appointment tomorrow but are worried sick it could be cervical cancer.
How likely is it?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
I would say it is very unlikely at her ageMore likely this was a traumatic tear from intercourseOr she could be having irregular menstrual bleeding
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the fast response.So would they both lead to the pain she's having in her abdomen?
Well the traumatic injury that is strong enough to cause bleeding could cause pain. The menstrual bleeding could cause pain as wellIn fact, I would argue that one of those two is more likely to cause pain than cervical cancer. Cervical cancer is usually painless
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also seen it could possibly be Pelvic inflammation disease, if the doctor was to test for that can she do so by physical examination alone or is a test required in a lab to determine it?
physical exam and lab tests