DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I had a suspected TIA last August after which I was prescribed

I had a suspected TIA last August after which I was prescribed clopidogrel and amlopidine. However, I had also persuaded my Doctor shortly before this to increase my B12 from 12 weekly to 8 weekly. ( I am 82 and had been on 12 weekly B12 since 1999.) My general health is much improved but am suffereing a deree of lethargy which is reminiscent of my condition when I was treated for 3 years, prior to my diagnosis of pernicious anaemia in 1999, for angina. Since the hosptal was not convinced last summer that it was in fact a TIA, but prescribed the drugs above as a precaution, is it reasonable to suspect that they may now be unnecessary, and that the improvement of increased B12 could be all I need?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYes that is possible.If there is no source of TIA.However, if you had specific tia symptoms, then it is risky to assume otherwise.I would discuss this with a neurologist as a consultant to make this decision.And a cardiologist if you have heart problems. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
thanksI am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.