Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I am experiencin a range of symptoms that now got me scared.

hi I am experiencin a range of symptoms that now got me scared. I have a numb right foot toe since a few months ago, tingling in the left leg, tiredness, physical and mental. Every simple task of the day feels heavy and my body feels tired, aching and old. Please can you help?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.Have you been seen for this?Any tests done?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I went to my GP, had a blood test to exclude the possibility of diabetes. Then he said to ask for an appointment with a neurologist but it seems it will take around 3 months and in the meantime my tiredness is getting worse I am starting to struggle to go to work every day
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.With the symptoms that you are having I would recommend that you should have your thyroid hormones checked if you have not had those checked already.I would also recommend having your vitamin B12 levels checked.A low cortisol level can also cause such symptoms.If these blood tests are normal the next step of getting a MRI of your lower spine to make sure your nerves in the lower back are not being pinched that can cause numbness of your toe and tingling in your left leg.Let me know if you have more questions.Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much, one last question: my B12 level is ok, also thyroid levels are fine, I have low D vitamin and alkaline phosphatase levels, does that suggest something to you? Thanks
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Low vitamin D could be a contributing factor.If you have not had your cortisol levels checked I would recommend that you should have those checked.Also I would recommend that you should have MRI of your lower spine as well.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards