Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

Can I take pharmaton while on high bp meds and antidepressants.

Can I take pharmaton while on high bp meds and antidepressants. Thx
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer.There are certain blood pressure medicines and antidepressants that can interact with pharmaton.Which specific medicines are you taking?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Cymbalta 120. Zanidip 20. Ramipril 7.5. Amitriptyline(migraines) 10. Seraquel 25. Also a tummy tab nepramel 40. Thanks.
The blood pressure medicines and antidepressants that you are taking are not the drugs with which there are serious interactions with the ginseng in the pharmaton. There is a potential minor interaction between ginseng and the amitriptyline and the duloxetine, in that the ginseng may have a minor effect on the metabolism of these drugs by the liver, causing a mild increase in potency of these drugs. This is usually not a serious interaction, but there is a chance that there may be more side effects from these drugs, such as drowsiness, dry mouth, or constipation. This level of interaction is not of a level that you should avoid taking the pharmaton, but it would be appropriate to watch for any side effects. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks. I think I might stay away from it as a little part of me would b worried. And I already had a reaction with meds and just afraid that will happen again. Was so sick then. Thanks for your help.