Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I regularly get itching in my legs below the knee, which I

I regularly get itching in my legs below the knee, which I scratch it leaves a red bruising effect
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,This is most likely due to xerosis that is extreme dryness of skin especially in old age and in winters. However varicose veins and vascular insufficiency can cause such symptoms as well. I would suggest you to visit your doctor to have thorough physical examination so that exact diagnosis can be confirmed and treatment can be given accordingly. YOu might need an ultrasound of legs to check vascular status. Meanwhile you should start doing massage with olive oil daily if it is just because of dryness symptoms would improve a lot.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.