How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 7365
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I have high blood pressure and take doxazosin. could I have

Resolved Question:

I have high blood pressure and take doxazosin. could I have conn's syndrome? and where and how can I be tested for it. My balance is very, and my legs feel very weak. can you advise.
***** *****.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Conn's syndrome can present with high blood pressure along with muscle weakness. For diagnosis you need to test for blood renin and aldosterone levels. High aldosterone to renin ratio is present in conn;s syndrome. Later if this test suggest the disease CT abdomen is required to look at adrenal glands. You can get these blood tests from any laboratory but it is always better to get consultation from your doctor.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.
Dr Uzair and 2 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you