Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have high blood pressure and take doxazosin. could I have

I have high blood pressure and take doxazosin. could I have conn's syndrome? and where and how can I be tested for it. My balance is very, and my legs feel very weak. can you advise.
***** *****.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,Conn's syndrome can present with high blood pressure along with muscle weakness. For diagnosis you need to test for blood renin and aldosterone levels. High aldosterone to renin ratio is present in conn;s syndrome. Later if this test suggest the disease CT abdomen is required to look at adrenal glands. You can get these blood tests from any laboratory but it is always better to get consultation from your doctor.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do not forget to leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.