Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I'm 21 years old and I have been getting severe pain in my

I'm 21 years old and I have been getting severe pain in my lower abdomen and dark period roughly every 2 weeks, I was in hospital for a bladder infection 2 months ago and that's how the bladder infection was detected, could there be something wrong with my ovaries/reproductive system, I have had Sti checks and am completely clear of everything
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You may have ruptured ovarian cyst. That can cause severe abdominal pain and vaginal bleeding.Hence pelvic ultrasound should be considered.Uterus lining abnormalities also possible --thickening or benign fibroid tumor can cause pain and bleeding as well.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/