Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have a dark red burn on my armpit from spraying deodorant

I have a dark red burn on my armpit from spraying deodorant too long it doesn't hurt but it looks very severe is it serious ?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
I would appreciate it if you could attach a picture or two so that I can help you out in a better way.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's quite small but very dark sorry about the quality
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I sprayed it for maybe about 3 or 4 seconds longer than usual I was suprised by it because I didn't feel any pain
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And it's extra strong deodarent but not prescription
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the additional information.I think that this should be fine in due course of time.Meanwhile you can try applying over-the-counter 1% hydrocortisone two to three times a day for 3-5 days.It will heal up in due course of time.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It really won't scar at all? Will it heal without the hydrocortisone? Thank you for responding so quickly
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Yes will likely heal without scarring and without hydrocortisone.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards