Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I've had unprotected sex twice in the last month with 2 girls.

I've had unprotected sex twice in the last month with 2 girls. One girl I was in a long term relationship with. The other, a one night stand (complete mistake). I was wondering if I should get a Sti test?
FYI - I'm currently taking Penicillin for Laryngitis.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.If you do not have any symptoms of an STD like discharge per urethra, burning in urination, increased frequency of urination, sores on the genitals, fever etc. then there is really no need to get an STD test. However, if you want to get it done for your own piece of mind then it is your call.Hope this helps.Please do leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr Uzair.The only thing above I have is the fever, but I think that may be down to the Laryngitis.With me being on Penicillin, would that treat any STDs if I did have any, and the symptoms were not present?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for replying.Yes, the fever is most likely a symptom of the laryngitis. Fever is never present in isolation with an STD, there are always more symptoms as well. And yes, penicillin does work for many of the common STDs as well.Please leave a positive rating for the service.Best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** much appreciated.Last question on this - how long would you wait before having sex after the antibiotics (if in theory you did have an STD)?Thanks again.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
10 days after starting treatment.Please do rate the answer as that is the only way I am compensated for my time here.Regards.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's fantastic, thank you. I'll do that now.Have a good day!