Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have what could either be a ward or some other kind of

Hi, I have what could either be a ward or some other kind of fleshy nodule at the base of my penis. I need it diagnosed and an idea of how to treat it. I don't really have time to get to the GP or a clinic to check
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Can you upload a pic here for accurate diagnosis?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
See attached - also obviously I meant wart, not ward!thanks,
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes this is a genital wart.Better removed by your doctor by cryotherapy ( liquid nitrogen freezing).This can also be excised with hemostatic agent.Over the counter measures are not that effective.Salicylic acid 12% solution may be tried daily to remove the wart. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, thanks. So do I need to find time to go to a clinic or can I get this from my GP? What's the best and quickest course of action? If I can't find time to do this, what is the best over the counter treatment I can try?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You can see your GP for liquid nitrogen freezing or even clipping out.You can use salicylic acid solution 12% in the meantime but only on the wart not on normal skin area.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome