Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Doctor
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice.
13711182

I had my period about 10 days ago and all finished. Now

Customer Question

Hi. I had my period about 10 days ago and all finished. Now this morning I have light vaginal bleeding. The same thing happened last month yet again about 10 days after my period. This isn't normal for me as until this month and last month I haven't suffered bleeding between periods before. I have stage 4 endo with bowel and uterus stuck together and I'm 27. The past 4 months or so I have suffered more with endo bowel symptoms And back pain! My question is, is this endo causing the bleeding? I'm getting really worried that something else is wrong with me. I always worry about things like cancer and stuff because I feel ill a lot of the time right now. This is getting me really down emotionally too and I'm so worried and anxious all the time.
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.
Endometriosis doesn't generally cause abnormal bleeding.If the bleeding is only for a day, it's likely due to ovulation, as some women will get bleeding around the time of ovulation due to the drop in estrogen.If your periods are generally regular, I wouldn't worry about a little spotting like this. Cancer is highly unlikely to be the cause.If your periods aren't so regular, then there may be some buildup of the uterine lining, so then I would see your doctor about it. It's still not likely to be anything serious. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks for you help!
You're welcome.Please click the rating stars. Thank you.