Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I have had a strange tightening sensation around my rib cage

I have had a strange tightening sensation around my rib cage for the past week or so. It comes and goes but goes away when I am in bed, what could it be ?
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query,It can be muscular spasm but it is very important to rule out cardiac problem considering your age. I would suggest you to go to A&E to get an EKG to rule out heart problem. Meanwhile you can take tylenol and apply ibuprofen gel over the area. Hot compresses can be helpful.Let me know if you have further questions.Please do leave a positive rating by clicking on stars on top right corner.Wish you good health.