Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I went ultrasound Monday discovered its twins sharing

I went for an ultrasound Monday discovered its twins sharing a placenta. They struggled to find a heartbeat and dated embryos at 7+ 3. Is the second scan to confirm missed miscarriage
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am sorry they were not able to find a heart beat.yes, the repeat scan is to check for heart beat again and confirm missed miscarriagethey may have to do a D&C to evacuate the uterus if fetuses are not living anymore.I am sorry for the bad news.let me know if you have other questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this mean that at7+3 weeks with momo twins there is no chance they will find a heartbeat as both measured correct size for gestation
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
Generally from 6 ½ -7 weeks is the time when a heartbeat can be detected and viability can be assessedso there is a small chance they could still find a heart beatone embryo looks 7 weeks and the other looks 3 weeks.so they will try again to look for heart beat next timethey should also be checking your blood for beta HCG levels to make sure they are going up properly as they should during early pregnancy.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sorry they both measure 7weeks plus 3 days.. 10.1mm and 10.7mm
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see.well, then there is still a chance they could find the heat beats at next visit.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todayThanks for using JustAnswers.com