Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

In September 2014 I returned from a holiday in Norway, during

Customer Question

In September 2014 I returned from a holiday in Norway, during which I had been suffering flu like symptoms. A few days after my return I developed a rash on my legs, arms and chest which resembled the bulls eye rash associated with Lyme Disease. My doctor diagnosed an allergic reaction but I asked him to test for lyme disease and the results were negative. Since then I have had headaches, joint pain and two episodes of severe sciatica, the latest of which started over 2 weeks ago and is now manifesting as numbness in my right leg and foot. I am also very tired and lethargic. Might the original negative blood test have been too early to properly diagnose Lyme Disease or am I reading too much into what I have seen on eh internet?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this question.I think you are reading too much into thisI think this is a coincidenceDo you have a picture of the original rash?
Thanks for this question.Please don't forget a positive rating. I appreciate it :)If you have more question, just reply.