wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

HiI'm currently trying to conceive and I'm concerned about

I'm currently trying to conceive and I'm concerned about how late I have ovulated in my cycle (LH surge on cycle day 21 & 22, it is now cycle day 26 and I have nipping pains in lower left back and left abdomen for 3 days.
My last cycle was 28 days long and I'm concerned something is wrong.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Concerned something is wrong with me*
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.Have you ever been pregnant before?If so did you carry to term?Have you had difficulty getting pregnant? If so, for how long? Have you and your partner been tested if indicated?Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiThanks for your reply.I've never been pregnant before. We've been trying for 3 months (stopped taking the pill late last year). We haven't been tested.I have no other medical problems that I'm aware of.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that additional information.I would not worry about this late LH surge at this point. It is not uncommon for it to take a few months for your hormones to settle down.As a father of five, three of them daughters and one of them who needed medical help with conceiving her first child, and our first grandson, I can tell you that there is no need to panic at this point.Just keep working at it ;)The next step would be to engage your OB/GYNs help with getting pregnant and then, if necessary, a fertility specialist.I, truly, do not feel that you need to worry that something is wrong at this point.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks for the feedback.Just one more question, once you get the LH Surge, how long afterwards should a period be expected?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
menstruation usually starts about 14 days after ovulation and the LH surge precedes ovulation by about a day or so.So. Menstruation will usually start 12 to 15 days after the LH surge.Here is a very good article from a highly respected source that you might find helpful:http://americanpregnancy.org/getting-pregnant/understanding-ovulation/I wish you and the future father of your child the very best. Just remember: Keep trying, get professional help if needed, and don't get discouraged. :)Does this make sense?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Does this mean if I ovulated on cycle day 23 that my period would be a 37 day cycle?This is what I'm worried about as this isn't normal for me.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Your period does not follow a hard and fast rule like "X days after this stage, Y stage will begin"You should not fret over what specific number of days your cycle is....there is a wide variation in normal.Make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 1 year ago.