DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am a 50 year old woman and . I am two

I am a 50 year old woman and my name is shirley. I am two weeks late for my period, my stomachs has blown up in size so I look 7 mths pregnant and I am unbelievably tired and exhausted all the time and just want to sleep all the time. Also I am quite constipated. What can this be?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThere are many possibilities.You need an exam and lab testing.Thyroid disease can cause this.Tumor of the ovary can cause this.Constipation and stress can cause this.Liver or kidney problems.Other hormonal problems [menopause] can cause this.See your doctor this week. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've got blood tests next week and a scan in three weeks time. Is that early enough?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that should be fine. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if it's a tumour though? Surely that needs urgency?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
3 weeks typically is standard, and does not make a difference.If you or your doctor are concerned about tumor, it is very easy to move up a scan in that case.Talk to your gp.. please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.