Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I've been taking cerelle .5 months and I'm feeling in

I've been taking cerelle for 4.5 months and I'm feeling in really low mood and don't feel myself. I have been told this will settle after 6 months but at the moment it feels like it's getting worse. Will it improve or what else might be suitable?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Why was cerelle started?have you tried any anti depressant yet?Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was changed from a combined pill, the low mood started after starting the new pill
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
OkCerelle contains only progesterone --no estrogen in it.That can result in mood changes.Hence you will likely need estrogen supplementation as well if symptoms do not show any improvement in 2 weeks.Why was the combination pill changed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because the GP realised I had migraines a long time ago, I haven't had one for years but she wanted me to change. Will the symptoms improve? I have been taking for 4.5 months
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Since you do not have any migraines currently, you should go back to your combination pill.Your symptoms will subside.Since 4.5 months passed, no improvement likely.Please discuss with your GP about it. Best wishes