Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

There, My girlfriend (who is a Type 1 Diabetic) suddenly

Hi there,
My girlfriend (who is a Type 1 Diabetic) suddenly became quite ill today. She has a fever (with chills), inflamed tonsils with puss and large red nodules at the back of the throat (I have a picture but seems to be no way to upload). No cough or breathing problems. She also has green mucus and is finding it very difficult to swallow.
Does this sound like strep throat/bacterial tonsilitis? Is there anything else this could be?
We are currently awaiting registration at the doctor. Is there anything we can do while we wait?
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It sounds like a strep sore throat.With what you are describing she does seem ill and if you cannot get to the doctor early enough then I would recommend that she should be seen in the ER.You can upload a picture here by clicking on the paperclip icon.If that does not work let me know.Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,Thank you for the quick answer. I've added the image. Could you take a look for me?Cheers
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your response.Yes it does seem quite inflamed with a strong possibility of streptococcal sore throat.I would recommend that she be seen ASAP and she will most likely require a course of an antibiotic.This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards