Dr. D. Love
Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I have just recently found out I have genital herpes (2-3 days

Customer Question

I have just recently found out I have genital herpes (2-3 days ago) and was told that it is going or pretty much gone this time but I think I have found another blister... Can you get an outbreak so close to the end of the last one?
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.
Hello from JustAnswer. It is unusual to have another outbreak close to the resolution of a previous outbreak of herpes, but yes, it is possible for it to happen. It is also true that the number of outbreaks typically are the greatest during the first year of the infection, so in the few cases in which a second outbreak occur quickly, it is most likely to happen early in the course of infection. So, the fact that you have experienced this shortly after the infection was diagnosed would be the most likely time that this could happen. Therefore, yes, it is possible, although less common, but when it does happen, it is more likely to happen early in the course of infection. If I can provide any additional information, please let me know.
Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.