Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Im in 3week of taking Yasminelle contraception ( now)

Im in 3week of taking Yasminelle contraception (for years now) and forgot to take 2 pills (Wed and Thu) took tonight around 11pm (my time always) friday one...4 tablets to go before free week of pill. WHAT TO DO?:( so worried...should I take now one more missed pill or just continue on the 4 ? please please help
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.You are in week 4 in other words.At this time the risk of pregnancy is very low.Hence, you can continue 1 tablet daily for next 4 days and go to free week of pills.No additional contraception is needed.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Doctor, so I dont need to swallow two pills one after another 2 hr break? just continue 4 coming days and I guess dont worry? I always worry as dont want to get pregnant. What if the bleeding doesnt come as always did on Saturday 5th? is it possible it wont come cause of those 2 pills missed?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is correct since you are almost at the end of your pill cycle.No need. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can I just ask what should I do if bleeding doesnt come as normal on Saturday 5th? cause of these 2 pills not taken?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
continue as normal after 7 days break new pills? and not worry there was no bleeding ? Im in a relationship wouldnt want to stress...
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You can start the next cycle as usual without waiting for the bleeding in that case. Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
so it could be possible there will be no bledding because of missing 2 pills or a big possibility it will still be there?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
That is a small possibility but that does not mean pregnancy at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
last question: if bleeding doesnt come: should I get preganancy test (and start pills as always after week) or thats overreacting?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
You do not need to pregnancy test --that is overreaction.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you you made my night sleep much more relaxed. Big hugs from London
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcomeBest wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi Doctor I dont know if youre still here, but I'll give it a go. Wanted to ask you as taking the 4 pills remaining as you suggested but my period came early got it since yesterday cause of forgetting the 2 pills I guess 'it thought' its time to come when it should be coming next Staurday. As you suggested Im still continuing on last pills from packet till Tuesday but just wanted to ask: is that ok that period came early? next weekend wont get it again for sure thats ok? do you think now my period will be off routine and come early? happy it came but worried it came week before cause of those 2 pills not taken :( Ill continue on last pills till Tuesday but just a bit worried I messed it all up. thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Basically would like to know is that worrying that period came straight next day after our consultation? should I continue as you said on those pills till tuesday (took yesterday pill have 3 more), and do you think next month itll come back to normal as Ill make sure I take them everyday?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
No this is not concerning.You can continue as usual.And start your next pack as usual.Your period should be back to normal next month.Best wishes