wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have noticed brown vaginal discharge last 3 days

I have noticed brown vaginal discharge for the last 3 days now. My period is to start normally in 10 days. I have been sexually active and I had unprotected sex 10 days ago. The spotting started as a brown-red mucus like substance, then as a brown-red normal vaginal discharge and today as a all brown discharge, but it has been more and more. I have also been under a lot of stress.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have also not had up to now any abdominal pain.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also the substance was dark brown the first two days and now its lighter
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.I am concerned that this has been going on for so long and now you are having abdominal pain.As a doctor, as well as a father of five including three daughters I am going to give you the same advice I would give them:This really can't wait until Monday. You should grab a good book and head to your local ER for evaluation and treatment.There is, truly, no alternative at this time.I believe you have an infection. Could it be a STD? Perhaps. But in any event things will just get worse if medical therapy is delayed.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I fortunately have not had an abdominal pain. So there is a greater chance of infection or STD rather than pregnancy?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Oops. I misunderstood about the abdominal pain.And, Yes. I would not, from the information you have provided, think that your symptoms are a sign of early pregnancy.I am not as concerned that this is an emergency at this point since you are not in pain. If there is a non-emergency clinic in your area (we have on in my town right next door to the ER) then that would be a good place to go.But, in any event, this discharge should be checked out.make sense?I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.Thanks in advance,Dr. Rick MD FACS
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience: Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much doctor.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
My pleasure. If you have a chance let me know how things turn out.I hope you feel better soon