Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Is low risk hpv transitory? Is it possible that the virus

Is low risk hpv transitory?
Is it possible that the virus has self cleared after a ling periof of time without symptoms?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Yes it is.It clears up within 2-3 years by the body.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. This is definiteky the virus not jusg the infection?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry this is definitely the virus not just the infection? Thanks
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Yes that is correct --it is the virus only.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi sorry im slightly confused when you say virus 'only' it is definitely the virus that my body will have got rid of? Please clarify thanks.
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Correct --there is no symptom from the virus so no clinical infection.Yes body will eliminate the viral particles over time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thats great thank you. So it is safe to assume that i am no longer infectious? (16 years since infection) and it will not recur?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
that is correct
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. I have been advised by an nhs nurse that you cannot get rid of hpv and only 10% of people acquire a low risk strain, however I have also been told that your body can get rid of the virus (by yourself and others) and that MOST people acquire a low risk strain of hpv, would you agree with the latter?