Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

When you are tensed/stressed is it possible that a lump

Customer Question

Hi,when you are tensed/stressed is it possible that a lump can form in your neck? Can a muscle knot be formed as a lump
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidyes, when you are stressed, you can have a lump or muscle knot form in your neckare you having stress?do yo have a lump in your neck?do you have a doctor you can see who can examine your neck for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello I have seen a doctor,and sending me to have a scan!! She didn't no,but recently I have had tension headaches and my shoulders was like a rock hard..now I have huge lump shape of a marble where the juggerler vain is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lump can be seen from quite a distance!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So can a muscle knot be be in the shape of marble?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I see.this can be a reactive lymph node in your neck.it could be a swollen lymph node from a viral infection like mononucleosisor throat infectionin rare cases, lymph nodes can swell up due to cancer.so have the ultrasound scan done to look at the lymph nodeask them to check if the capsule is smooth or irregularcancer tends to cause more irregular capsules on lymph nodes.and swollen lymph nodes due to infection or virus tend to have smooth capsules.a size of a marble sounds more like a swollen lymph node and not a muscle knotlet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can swollen lymph nodes be caused by stress?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
stress can cause swollen lymph nodesallergies, runny nose, acid reflux, viral infection can all cause swollen lymph nodes.lymph nodes are part of your body's immune system and swell up to help fight off infections.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I haven't been ill dr,part from stress?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
your immune system works and fights off infections to keep you from being illso a swollen lymph node doesn't mean your immune system is not working.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I recently had the flu jab? I have had this for 2 weeks now this lump
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
a prior flu shot 2 weeks ago could be causing this lymph node to swell up as well.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you,one more thing is there anything I can take for it? And only hurts when I press it!!
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
I would leave the lymph node alonethe more you press and squeeze the lymph node, the longer it can stay swollen.I would stop pressing on itand let it shrink down in size when ready.I bet the ultrasound will show only a reactive lymph node which is benign.let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thank you Dr I will rate you nowLucy btw I'm 31 years old
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry to add but the lump is rock hard
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
yes reactive lymph nodes can be rock hard like a marble size.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Should I not trust Google? It said somewhere if it's rock hard and big it's cancer?
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
google doesn't have a license to practice medicinegoogle never treated a patient and never healed a disease in a person.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
One more question,If you don't mind dr,I read on the NHS website England, where I'm from,said if you haven't been ill,there is a cause for certain eg cancer
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
cancer in lymph nodes continue to grow and grow and get larger over time.I am a cancer doctor.your node has not grow and grown over time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry dr,I didn't realise,thank you so so much!! I will keep in touchBest wishes lucy
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomethanks for using JustAnswer.com