DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

A month ago I started taking 1 mg of zumenon HRT . Would you

A month ago I started taking 1 mg of zumenon HRT .
Would you be able to advise me if this will help my anxiety and depression? I'm 54.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloThis is a simple and primitive hormone replacement, estradiol only.Unopposed estrogen is not a good way to do HRTIt might or might not help with anxiety or depression and is not specifically for these.I would suggest a progesterone cream, which gives all of the precursors needed fro estrogen you need and other hormones.I would also suggest cognitive behavioral therapy for the anxiety and depression, assuming you do not need another medication, which is usually an SSRI medication such as zoloft. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily. Please remember that this is how we are paid, and is the only way we can provide this service: positive ratings and bonuses.I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply. I forgot to mention that I had a subtotal hysterectomy at 31, which is why it's oestrogen only. I also take antidepressants. Just basically need reassurance that I will get better. I feel as though I'm stuck in this awful state.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I would find a doctor trained in functional medicine.You have them in the Uk nowYOu can call here and ask for contactswww.functionalmedicine.org
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
I am board certified in integrative medicine, internal medicine, trained in functional medicine and homeopathy, etc. I am here daily: use my request link as needed and “for Dr. Thomas” in the question title. Give that link to friends, family, associates, etc. Find me as needed for correct, safe and accurate answers.