How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Uzair Your Own Question
Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 8073
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr Uzair is online now

I have been diagnosed with mass fecal blockage in my transverse

Customer Question

I have been diagnosed with mass fecal blockage in my transverse colon via X-ray. After four days on strong laxatives I am still only passing, mainly liquids. My stomach is flatter but I can still feel something inside. It is not a very hard lump but does not move when strongly massaged. It is not painful. Is this an area where a cancer could start or is there a way of knowing, without Xrays if it is still a fecal problem.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Hi and thanks for the query.I think at this point in time a CT scan of the abdomen will yield more information than a simple x ray and starting on laxatives with a fecal impaction is not an ideal solution since that can result in a severe back log against the mass. The fecal matter that impacts in the gut is not really laxative friendly and does not budge.At the moment, I would go for a CT scan of the abdomen to rule out an intraluminal mass and to differentiate between a real mass and fecal impaction. A lower GI endoscopy or colonoscopy can also yield good information and in case this is a soft tissue mass, a biopsy can be taken for diagnostic purposes.Cancer - I would not draw any conclusions at this point in time. Let the work up be done and lets get some more information on what we are dealing with.Discuss this with your Doctor in detail.Hope this helps.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 year ago.
Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service.Best wishes.