Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

I have been getting spots on the back of head (Just about

Customer Question

Hi, I have been getting spots on the back of head (Just about the neck) for some time now.
The spots are sensitive and red and bleed when the skin gets pieced. They also become pretty dry and scabby.
I've been prescribed fucidin H cream and although it decreased it, I still have them after 4 weeks. I do get more spots on my face and body these days so not sure if its all linked. I'm 27.
Does anyone know about any other treatments? etc. Someone has mentioned to get antibiotics to clear out my system of bacteria.
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Can you please send a picture on here for me to see, if possible?Please let me know.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
pictures attached
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question.It seems likely that you are having infection of the hair follicles which is causing you to have this problem.Oral antibiotics may help, I agree.If you have not had your blood glucose levels checked, I would recommend that you should have that checked as well because high blood glucose levels can also cause recurrent hair follicle infections (folliculitis or furuncles).This session is open for any further questions that you may have. The only way I am credited here by the website and the money that you have deposited is released is when you rate me.Therefore, I would appreciate a rating when you are done asking.Kindest regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Question, what duration of anti-biotics would you recommend i take it for?
if you were prescribing
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.
7 days at least.