wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

The doctor in the hospital banded some internal hemorrhoids

Customer Question

The doctor in the hospital banded some internal hemorrhoids (not sure how many) 5 days ago. The procedure was painless but shortly after leaving outpatients I was on the toilet in the hospital for about an hour with a mix of diarrhoea, blood and mucus. I became very bloated, nauseous, crampy and had quite a painful uncomfortable walk home as I felt unable to drive. I am still having the same symptoms and my stools are gravy consistency, with blood and mucus and spending a lot of time on the toilet. I've developed some painful external hemorrhoids which I didn't have before. I think this is probably from all the time spent on the toilet at the moment. I saw one of the bands in the toilet the day after and one today so not sure if the hemorrhoids have come off or if the bands have just slipped off. I'm probably going to take tomorrow off work as still feeling very uncomfortable and unable to be away from the toilet for too long.
I just wanted to check if this was normal post-banding as it seemed to be more severe than what I had been expecting.
Thanks for your help.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with premium services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.There is a wide variation in the post op course of hemorrhoidal banding.While your experience may be within the normal range I would strongly recommend you give your surgeon's office a call now and see what she has to say.Does this make sense to you?It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me. Dr. Rick MD FACSDo you have any other medical problems or take any medications?This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.