DrRussMD
DrRussMD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified Internal medicine and Integrative medicine. Many years of experience all areas.
24257177

I am currently trying to complete a 3rd year project as part

Customer Question

I am currently trying to complete a 3rd year project as part of my medicine course. However, i have tried asking and investigating so many avenues but i cannot find data relating to:
falls in over 65s in individual wards in london boroughs. Is this possible? there seems to be no ward data anywhere? i needed this urgently and no researcher seems to know how to look or how to navigate the HICS or the HES (hospital episode statistics) sites?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
HelloYou need to look at epidemiology research.See this linkhttp://jech.bmj.com/content/57/9/740.long On your search, use, incidence falls elderly london.You can also call the NHS and ask them for their data.Good luck. OK, so that is an initial answer….Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. The system will not let me edit my above answer.Also see this link for NHS data:https://www.evidence.nhs.uk/search?q=falls Please don't forget a positive rating [that is how we are paid, per rating and bonuses.]Good luck.Find me anytime in medical; I am here daily.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much for this information. My son has literally left a second before as he thought this site was not working. I know he has been struggling to access, specifically, individual ward data for a london borough. eg he decided to focus on harrow but i know that can change - so he needed data for the individual areas/wards that make up harrow. does the information you sent include this information? or are you able to assist in locating ward information on falls in over 65s? happy to pay for it
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.
There are a number of references I sent.This will help him get started and lead him to more references.He can also call the NHS and ask to talk with the department of epidemiology to get any lists and compilations.Please click a positive rating on this post. [that is how we are paid, per rating]And come back as needed.