Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I think I might be in an abusive relationship. I met

I think I might be in an abusive relationship. I met this woman online about 4 months ago. I really liked her initially and so it was decided that I visit her. She lives abroad. Everything was fine for a couple of days then I noticed I was becoming upset. I found her behaviour very controlling. I am told that I am too sensitive. When I feel emotionally hurt, it makes me cry. I only want to cry when I'm with this person. She told me that I have a psychological problem. During the week I visited her, she finished with me. I couldn't get home earlier because of the expense. A day after she finished with me, she apologised and asked me to marry her! On the day I was returning home, she finished with me again at the airport saying I should find a girl friend nearer home. I felt as if my heart had been hit by a hammer.
When I arrived home, she had sent photos of us & asked me to phone her. She said she regretted her decision and so we were back on. We've since broken up several times and its back on again. She regularly calls me a liar. She's called me a coward. Says I am confused. Last night she demanded that I contact her on Skype & then proceeded to say if I didn't, then I would never see her again.
Two weeks ago, I actually finished with her, the only time I have but the following days were incredibly hard & I began missing her. Its like I love the nice side of her but I'm finding the controlling very oppressive. When I'm with her, I feel like another person, not myself. A bit like a child. Any advice would be most welcome.
R
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. Davidthis relationship does not sound healthy for youit sounds like it is too one sided and she is acting bizzar and two sided. one second she wants to be with you and another second she wants to break up and end it with youit doesn't sound like this will be a meaningful long term relationship.I would listen to your heart.and if it tells you to cut it off with her, then I would cut off communications and end it clean.I think that might be the best move for you in the long term. it might be best for you to move on and find someone elselet me know if you have questions.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your advice
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
you are welcomelet me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com