Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have just been diagnosed with uterine cancer,my doctor says

I have just been diagnosed with uterine cancer,my doctor says I need a hysterectomy,fist i need an mri scan & chest x-rays,why do I need a scan if they know what my problem is,I had bleeding just after xmas with severe cramping ,b leg pain & chest pain,I am 71
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.MRI scan and chest xrays are ordered to look for any spread of cancer into other organs.That will change the management.Besides surgery you will also need chemotherapy and radiotherapy.If there is no spread, then the cancer is localized to uterus.Hysterectomy alone should be curative.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr. David replied 1 year ago.
This is Dr. DavidI am a cancer doctor.I am sorry about your diagnosis of uterine cancer.uterine cancer can spread to pelvic and abdominal lymph nodes and can in rare cases spread to lymph nodes in the chest.a chest CT scan is better than a chest xray to look for small cancer.I would ask to see a gyn oncology doctor which is different from a regular gyn doctor to do a radical hysterectomy and pelvic lymph node sampling. gyn oncology doctors can do the hysterectomy and also sample lymph nodes in the pelvis to see if the cancer has spread to lymph nodes.the decision for you to need additional chemotherapy or radiation after surgery is complicated and takes evaluation of the depth of your urine cancer invasion, grade of your uterine cancer and to see if the cancer has spread to pelvic lymph nodesso as you can see, it can be a complicated issue. so best to see a radiation and medical oncologist after your hysterectomy and pelvic lymph node dissection.the uterine bleeding most likely is from the uterine cancer. the leg pain and chest pain may or may not be related to your urine cancer symptoms.long term bleeding can cause drops in your iron and hemoglobin levels and cause anemia.do you have anemia? let me know if you have other questions.if done for now, please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you todaywe only get credit for helping clients after positive feedbackyou can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have any other questionshere is my website if you need to reach me again:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Did you get my original reply?MRI scan is better than CT scan to rule out any spread of cancer.Radical hysterectomy may not be required depending on the extent of cancer involvement.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience: MD