Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

Q: Ph and sg urine, I've had stomach and right side pains

Customer Question

Q: Ph and sg urine, I've had stomach and right side pains for weeks. Occasional tan coloured stools. My doctor Did blood tests all normal. I decided to try a urine dip test at home. At 2pm my ph was 7.5 and SG 1.010. I repeated the test at 7pm and Ph was 5 and SG 1.025 (the 2nd sample was slightly lighter in colour) should I return to my GP or is this normal?
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.Not certain how reliable these test are --pH should not vary that much unless you drank quite a bit of fruit juice acidic in nature.Ofcourse, bacterial infection also can cause acidic pH.You can get a urine test in GP's office if you continue to have symptoms.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/