Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

I have pain in my back just below my shoulder blade,the skin

I have pain in my back just below my shoulder blade,the skin near my armpit is also sore to touch and I feel cold almost all the time lately
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,This is Dr Basu, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.How long you have these symptoms?Do you have any cough, fever?Did you have any back injury in the past?These symptoms can be due to the bacterial pneumonia.Or this can be nerve compression related at the thoracic spine.Spine muscle stiffness can cause this commonly.Best wishes,It was my pleasure to help you today.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable and authentic answers!This is the link to my profile:http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had the symptoms about a week now,no cough/fever and no previous back injury
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Ok that is reassuring --atleast no infection.Do you have any shortness of breath?If not, then this is likely muscle sprain related pain which is also irritating the nerves supplying the area. You can try Ibuprofen 600 mg 3 times daily food, warm compress for a week.Best wishes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No shortness of breath. I'll try what you have suggested and see if this helps
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 1 year ago.
Very welcome