Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

Good Evening, You may think I am stupid and you may laugh,

Customer Question

Good Evening, You may think I am stupid and you may laugh, but I have quite a serious problem.
I am a man who is reasonably healthy and does regular exercise, but I have Type 2 Diabetes which is well under control. I am on the usual daily medication, Metformin, Perinderpril, Amlodopine, & Invokana.
My problem is that I have a much younger Girlfriend who if everything works out wants us to have children, but your guessed it I suffer from Erectile Disfunction. I can get a slight erection, but not enough to penetrate my girlfriend properly.
Many years ago I had a versectomy, which I subsequently had reversed on one side and I have always been able to ejaculate manually.
I have tried the usual quick fixes like Cialis & Viagra, but while it helps very slightly it does not give me the required and necessary results and when I take this medication, after a few days I get quite strong Heart burn.
I am too embarrassed to discuss this with my GP as he is far from helpful and realise I am asking for the moon on a stick, but is there anything I can do or take that will help me with my pathetic situation.
I realise some of my problem is in my mind and I always feel that I need to perform and cannot always relax and take it in my stride.
I think I know what you will tell me but I need to know if there is anything else I can do that is not obvious
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for this questionIf you are willing to try you could buy a penis pump.Use it with the cialis or viagra. That might helpThere are also some injectables like trimix that helpFinally, a sex therapist can help with the mental piece
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just sent another question my problem but received no answer
did you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as I rote a short time ago, I am on Perderpril with a low dose, but if take Viagra Cialis e these drugs not fighting each other? is this not the reason get heart burn
They are not fighting each other. No.cialis can cause heartburnjust take prilosec with it if you take cialis
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK thanks, One more question neither Viagra or Cialis gives me a satisfactory erection enough to penetrate my girlfriend, so is any of my diabetes medication causing me a problem
No it is more just the fact that you are diabeticThe little arteries in the penis don't work as well
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hmmm OK how good is Trimix and is available in UK
it works very wellI'm not sure about availability in the UK. There are many like it (caverject, etc) so I'm sure you have one of them
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And they all have to be Injected ?
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Thank you
welcome :)